September 1, 2010 –
The various positions on our retirement board are filled by both election and appointment. It is now time to conduct a regular, three-year election for the “fourth member” of the board. As of this writing, the current member in that position, David Gendron, is planning to run for re-election. See more info at: https://frrsma.com/board-election-2010/
Here is a list of the five board positions:
- First member (Chair): Sandra Hanks; appointed by remainder of the board; six year term; ends 12/31/2014; must be member or retiree
- Second member: Herbert Sanderson; appointed by the Advisory Council; three year term; ends 12/31/2012; must be a unit treasurer
- Third member: Mary Stokarski; elected by members and retirees; three year term; ends 12/31/2011; must be member or retiree
- Fourth member: Open, but currently held by David Gendron; elected by members and retirees; three year term; ends 12/31/2010; must be member or retiree
- Fifth member: Paul Mokrzecki; appointed by remainder of the board; five year term; ends 6/30/2015; can not be member or retiree
NOTICE OF ELECTION: MEMBERS AND RETIREES
September 1, 2010
To members and retirees of the Franklin Regional Retirement System:
Notice of Election
Scheduled Election Date: November 30, 2010
Purpose: To elect the Fourth Member to the Franklin Regional Retirement System Board for a three year term in accordance with the provisions of M.G.L. Chapter 34B §19 and CMR 7.00
Term of Office: Three years, effective January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2013
Eligible Candidates and Voters: Members in service and retirees of the Franklin Regional Retirement System.
Nomination Papers: Any member (active in service) or retiree of the Franklin Regional Retirement System may qualify as a candidate by filing with the retirement board office, a nomination paper or papers containing signatures and addresses of at least five (5) members (active in service) or retirees of the Franklin Regional Retirement System.
Nomination papers may be obtained: Beginning Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at the Retirement Board Office, which is located at 278 Main Street, Suite 311, Greenfield, Massachusetts. Nomination papers are available from the Retirement Board office by mail, fax or in person during business hours between 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. They are also available on-line at: https://frrsma.com/board-election-2010/
Nomination papers must be returned: To the Retirement Board office no later than 4:00 P.M. on Friday, October 1, 2010.
Ballots: The election will be held by mail. If only one nominee is certified as eligible, that nominee will be declared the winner. If more than one candidate is nominated successfully, mail-in ballots will be mailed to all those eligible to vote. Due date for the return of completed ballots will be included in the ballot instructions.
Election Results: Results of the election will be posted by newspaper, notice to the member units, and included in monthly retirement mailings.