Fifth Member Position on the Franklin Regional Retirement Board
Update May 27, 2020: The Board voted to reappoint the incumbent, Paul Mokrzecki, because his experience and relevant expertise greatly surpassed those listed by the other candidates enough that conducting interviews would not have yielded a better choice.
The Franklin Regional Retirement Board (“Board”) is seeking applicants for the Fifth Member of the Board position, to be chosen by the other four board members, for a five-year term commencing July 1,2020. Please note that the incumbent Fifth Member is interested in continuing.
The five-member Board acts as fiduciaries of the Franklin Regional Retirement System and performs their duties solely in the interest of its members and beneficiaries. The Board oversees the administration of approximately 2300 active, retired, and inactive members and approximately a $150 million investment portfolio. The day to day administration is conducted by the Executive Director. Board members are paid a yearly stipend of $4,500.
The Board normally meets once a month, generally on the last Wednesday of the month at 8:00 am. Board members are required to:
- File an Annual Statement of Financial Interest with PERAC detailing personal assets
- Complete Conflict of Interest and Ethics training biannually
- Develop knowledge of Massachusetts Open Meeting Law
- Develop knowledge of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 32
- Attend meetings, seminars and educational trainings as necessary
- Complete 18 hours of training in all three-year spans during their five-year term to continue to serve on the Board.
- A minimum of three credits of training must be earned annually, with a maximum of nine credited per year.
- A fifth member shall not be a vendor, or an employee, retiree or official of the retirement system, or of any of its constituent governmental units.
Interested candidates should submit their letter of interest and resume to Dale Kowacki, Executive Director electronically only to Frrs01@gmail.com no later than 12:00 pm noon Thursday, May 21, 2020.
Please also download, fill out, and include with your application this Affidavit of Eligibility: https://frrsma.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Affidavit-Of-Eligibility.pdf
For more information about being a board member for this system: https://frrsma.com/board-members/